A&B Foundry and Machining is seeking an experienced Quality Manager. This will be a hands-on, out on the floor type of position that will interact with production personnel and supervisors, purchasing, sales, as well as customers and suppliers, and with upper management.
Reports To: General Manager
Responsible for all Quality Department functions at the Foundry including but not limited to the following:
- Maintenance of the ISO 9001 QMS accreditation process.
- Manage the Quality and Inspection teams. (Up to 5 employees)
- Lead investigations of Internal, Customer, and Supplier non-conformances.
- Works with the General Manager and Production Supervision on process changes and necessary documentation (Corrective Actions, Production Instructions, Pictorials, SOPs,… )
- Responsible for maintaining the gage and equipment calibrations and documentation.
- Responsible for Lab activity and documentation.
- Responsible for product certification including Non-Destructive and Destructive inspections and testing of castings.
- Responsible for Inspection Reports and First Article reports.
- Works with the General Manager and Plant Personnel on process changes and necessary documentation (Corrective Actions, Production Instructions, Pictorials, SOPs,… )
- Responsible for Internal Auditing, customer audits and third party audits.
- Responsible for maintenance of the Management Review process.
- Responsible for preparation of the Monthly Performance report.
- Assists in Plant Safety and Environmental training and reporting.
- Perform related duties as required.
- BS in an Engineering discipline
- 5 years experience in Quality Control of foundry operations
- Must possess experience in QMS administration and management
- Must possess experience in Sand Casting
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Capable of reading and evaluating engineering drawings
- Experience in Aluminum Metallurgy preferred
- Experience managing/leading teams
- Experience in SPC analysis and reporting
- As the first line contact for customer problem resolution, it is important for this person to be a strong communicator with superior people skills
Please email Vik@ABFoundry.com with your Resume and contact information.